Thursday 19 March 2015

Questions and feedback for Teacher Interviews

I get by with a little help from my friends .....



I decided to interview my colleagues within the Performing Arts department at my school to add some depth to my inquiry. I plan to compile a set of questions that are based on my inquiry, that are relevant to all performing arts subjects. I wish to ask the same questions to compare the answers given by different subject teachers. Before setting these questions in stone I asked my peers to look over a brief rationale of my inquiry and the questions i plan to ask teachers for the interviews. 



      


     


       

I have now used their feedback and compiled a final set of question I now feel apply to all subjects. 

1.  Are there any aspects in your subject, particularly at G.C.S.E level where student have to work independently on something creative? If so, what does this involve?

2.  Do you find students work better in your subject when they are given a stimulus as a pose to choosing their own?

3.   How do you find student’s progress when using a real life experience or a stimulus that has emotional meaning to them when creating a piece of art?

4.  Do you think working in this way can be detrimental to their progress? Do you think it helps? Or does it simple depend on the student, the situation and the piece they are creating?
5. How would you support a student working in this way? 

6.What type of  scaffolding do you put in place for students when working in this way in regards to briefs, limitations, guidance etc?

7.Have you ever had a situation where this has been a problem? safeguarding etc?

8.  Do you have any method you use to identify which students would work in which ways best?

9.  What do you do when students lack in motivation when working creatively in your subject?  

10. How would you deal with a student who is creatively blocked? 

11. Have you ever had to deal with a student who becomes 'over-emotional' when creating? How would you deal with this situation?

2 comments:

  1. Hey Claire, how did you find the interview process overall? For me, in a busy term in the performing arts department, trying to arrange an interview slot with five different teachers was like herding cats! Eventually I managed to steal 10 minutes of their time here there and everywhere, but I do appreciate that although they are my peers and for some of them, friends, helping me out in my inquiry certainly wasn't top of their to-do list and as such, I'm very grateful whatever time they were able to spare. How did you find the experience?

    Pip

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!!! arranging the interviews was sooooo hard. One of the interviews I recorded there were children running round with instruments and they were interrupting the teachers asking questions. I kind of liked it though as it shows the teachers in a natural environment. Its GCSE season for us so its been crazy. I managed to interview and record all four departments within the Arts. We have 2 teachers in each department so I did duo interviews which was really fun. the teachers bounced off each other an I feel it created a moire relaxed atmosphere and I believe I got more out of them. it would have been easier to just email them the questions, however I wanted to record and get the talking. I also intended to use the footage for in professional artifact so I did have a lot of pressure on my shoulders haha. Did you record your interviews?

    ReplyDelete