Tuesday 11 March 2014

Task 2.a Diary Entry

I know our Diary entry's do not have to be published but I was reading over mine from 2 weeks ago and couldn't believe how much I learned in one day from this reflection and how much progress I have made since then in just 2 weeks. This post is from the 3rd day of my new position as a full time dance and drama teacher in the school and I had also just taken over a yr 9 form group from another teacher. My enthusiasm for creating a form display gets in the way of my job...............

Wednesday 26.02.14

Today was a long day I only had one free lesson and I had a lot of planning and preparation to do. I had been informed that I needed to create a form display, I discussed this with my form and we decided on an inspirations display, pictures of their role models with there faces on them. This has brought a great atmosphere to our form time and the students have all been keen to help. As the day progressed I tried to print pictures off and work on the display while my classes were rehearsing the performance scene I had set. I found that the noise level was drastically louder than usual and the children in general were messing around during rehearsal. In the end I had to stop what I was doing and go around the class group by group and push the students to regain focus on the work. I will never again try to do something else whilst teaching as the students seem to pick up on the fact that I was busy and working on something so they took the opportunity to mess around more. I understand sometimes I will need to do other things during my lessons but I would now rather stay behind after school or during my dinner as I feel by not maintaining the standards of the class room I will be making my job more difficult in the long run. 

No comments:

Post a Comment